Saturday, December 4, 2010

This week in our life..

A lot has been going on since we found out we are pregnant. Some good and some not so good. Sean had a ten page paper to write on dousisim in modern china. It is due today but he wanted to get it done by friday because we had his works Christmas party tonight. More to come on that subject in a few paragraphs down. So the paper took what felt like forever to write, ten pages is a lot to write. He finally got it done last night though, which made us both very happy. He stayed up late many nights writing and then ended up being exhausted the next day. Work has been going well for the both of us. We told everyone at our jobs about the baby news and they all are so excited for us. This is going to be a great adventure for us :)

The not so good new is that my (deana) Grandpa Russ passed away this morning. Its good because he won't be in pain any longer and is in Heaven with our Heavenly Father. It's still very sad and hard for the family though. He and my Grandma Carol were in Texas for the winter and he got sick with pnomina and was in the hospital. He suffered a heart attack while there and was put in the ICU. He was there for 2 weeks and wasn't showing any impovement. Last night the family got together with Robyn, Corey and Andrea on speaker, since they couldnt be there in person, and we said a prayer for Gpa Russ. Daddy asked
Amanda to say the prayer. It was one of the most emotional, spiritual prayers I had been apart of. She prayed for us all to be comforted and for Grandpa to not have pain and that His will, will be done. And that we will be able to let him go. Justin was having a hard time with it and was crying pretty hard. Mom was sweet and told him that it will be ok. We will see him again and that he will no longer be in pain. The cute-est thing was she told him that "Grandpa Russ is going to go to Heaven and go fishing with Grandpa Jerry and Jesus."  Grandpa passed away peacefully in his sleep this morning at 7:30am. It made us all happy to know he will be there waiting for us. I am so grateful for the Gospel and the knowledge that I have. I know what the purpose of this life is and I know where I am going. I know that we will all be together again as a family forever. Families are an eternal unit. God's plan is so perfect. Even in such a sad time we can still be happy knowing these truths. Amanda told me to go online and listen to "God be with you til we meet again" by the Mormon Tabernacle Chior because it will make me smile. So I did and guess what?.. It did :)So I thought I would share it with you. It is such a beautiful song and so peaceful. I hope you like it.






Always makes me cry, but a good cry.

So now for what is and has gone on today. Sean went to work at 7am and I stayed home and cleaned our disaster of an apartment. It feels so good to have it clean and smelling pretty. The past week we had just let the organization and cleaning go out the window. It was just bad! haha With Sean concentrating on his school work and me just being busy with family there wasnt much happening with picking up after ourselves. The sink was full of dishes and we just left clothes all over the bedroom. The kitchen was just plain messy. In the living room we left shoes and jackets on the floor and there was mail spead across the coffee table. I think you get the picture, haha, it was just messy messy messy. It was driving us both nuts but we just didn't have time to clean. Normally we keep our apartment really clean and everything has a place. Finally I had time to rectify ourselves and make our home a heaven on earth. After all, Cleanliness is next to Godliness. I feel acomplished now that it is back in order. It was also a primp day, which I love! I painted my toes and finger nails a beautiful christmas red. I can't wait til the big party tonight! Well I'm signing off for now.  We will either write more tonight after the party or tomorrow.
Love ya

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)