Thursday, April 28, 2011

Controlling or Highly Productive? I'm going to go with the latter

So I have this thing, lets call it a cute quirk, where I have to be in control of something or planning something to feel at ease. Some may say its controlling but my loving husband says its a trait of mine he loves because I get things done and put order in his life. I like his perspective best. Sweetest husband ever? Yes I agree. Well I just wanted to have a "yay for me" moment. Everyone is entitled to have these moments every once in a while. (Its good for ones self esteem)
Here are my accomplishments as of yesterday:
1) My sister Andrea, she lives with Sean and I, has been using my old bunk bed I bought from a friend. She wanted just a regular bed. I found her a gently used free bed and it was exactly the one she wanted from Ikea.
2) I sold the old bunk bed within 24 hours of getting the new bed.
3) Andrea's car died yesterday, I found a place to buy her car from her for $310 which is great considering it doesn't run anymore and she paid $500 for it 2 years ago.
4) My house is clean! (this is one of my favorite things because I hate clutter and mess)
5) I prepared a delicious meal for Sean, Me, Andrea, Britt L and Kirby last night. Spaghetti, Salad, Garlic bread. My favorite meal because it is Simple, Classic, and Delectable!

Well there you have it. My "yay for me" Now your turn. Go ahead, you know you want to do it. It feels good to give yourself a pat on the back and recognize your own awesomeness.

Also in other news. Sean and I have been doing considerably better with having Family Home Evenings. I am quite happy about that because I know we will be blessed from it and I already see the blessings taking part in our life. It brings the family together and we learn a lot. Also its good to know we are following council given to us from the Lord through his Prophets to have regular FHE. Our lesson last week was on goals. We read some scriptures related to the subject and then had a discussion on it, then the best part. We made lists! I love lists! I make on average 2 or 3 lists a day. So I quite enjoyed this part and Sean liked it as well. We each wrote down a couple long term and short term goals. Then we talked about how we would accomplished said goals and how we would support and help out the other with their goals. It was a very lovely lesson. We are happy to have things to work for. It will feel really good when we have them accomplished and can make new ones. Then we put the lists on our dresser so we would see them everyday and be reminded of them. Some of our goals were: Sean - Work out 3 times a week, pass my classes, get the car paid off, do home teaching, get accepted into med school and some others I can't remember right now. Deana- Go on long walk 2 times a week, get food storage set up, start a veggie garden in back yard, have emergency money fund in place, finish my Bradley method book, read scriptures every day and read bible front to cover.

A great quote to end this post is in order. It kind of is related to the subject. Mostly I just like it.
"Never forget that you came to earth as a child of the divine Father, with something of divinity in your very makeup. The Lord did not send you here to fail. He did not give you life to waste it. He bestowed upon you the gift of mortality that you might gain experience—positive, wonderful, purposeful experience—that will lead to life eternal." -Pres. Gordon B. Hinckley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)