Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Findings of a new mom

I realize I have only been doing this Mom stuff for a little over 2 months but I feel as though I have learned so much already in this time! I know there is lots more to learn and I'm excited for future adventures. The great thing about mom's is that they are always willing to give advice of what they have learned. I'm happy to join the group :) SO here it goes, the things I have learned either from other moms and some all by myself.
  • Babies don't really get dirty so they only need a bath 2 or 3 times a week. Sounds crazy but its true! They have sensitive skin and if you bathe them too much it will dry out their skin. This happens with Noah if we give him a bath everyday. 
  • You can't spoil a baby. Cuddle Cuddle Cuddle :) They are only this small for such a short time
  • Sleep when your baby sleeps. I know this advice is always given but I think sometimes we new parents take it in one ear and out the other. I know I did! I just didn't feel tired by the time that Noah would finally fall asleep in the beginning. But don't wait til you're really tired you body is already getting ready to crash at that point. 
  • Take time for your marriage, Date your spouse!!! Its important for your child for you to have a strong happy marriage. 
  • It's ok to admit you need help sometimes. This was hard for me. I felt like I needed to do everything. Keep the house spotless, always be the one to care for Noah, cooking and take care of everything else that goes on in a day. I finally broke down and realized that after I got some help I felt much better. 
  • Trade off who stays up with the baby. Sean and I trade off. If I'm up for the first part of the night he gets the next and so on. 
  • Skin time is still important! Bond with your baby. 
That's all I have for right now. More to come as I learn things  :) I just love my family <3

Oh things that are happening in the life of us: Moving back into an apartment (post about that to come soon) Sean is doing wonderfully in his classes at ASU, Halloween and dressing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)