Friday, September 2, 2011

Institute Class

Amanda, Corey, Sean and I have started institute at MCC. We are in the Book of Mormon class that meets every Tuesday. Its so nice to be back in an institute class. Its been years since Amanda has been in a class as well so I know she is very excited to be back too. Even though I have read the Book of Mormon 3 times front to cover before I feel like I haven't gotten from it what I could have in the past. I was mostly reading it because I was told to not because I had the true desire on my own. Therefore I have made it a goal to read the Book of Mormon front to cover before the semester is over. I am committed this time to read it for myself. I know that my testimony will grow even stronger and I will gain a better knowledge of Jesus Christ though reading it. I'm so excited to start this journey with the BoM!  This is Corey's first time in institute. He is a convert to the church. A week after their wedding Corey got baptized. He has been a member for 4 years now. He has never read the BoM all the way before but he has made it a goal to read it. Its tough for him since he didn't grow up reading scriptures and he gets lost in the story with all the names and the language. For this reason the 4 of us are going to meet once a week before class and read together the assigned chapters and discuss them. This way if Corey needs anything explained we can help him understand. I'm so grateful for the experience. I just love to discuss and teach the Gospel so this is going to be so fun for me. Also I am looking forward to learning more. Sean is great at teaching and he is so wise in the history of the Church. I'm very grateful to have a husband that can help inspire and teach me.

So I bet you are wondering who is watching our babies while we are all out at institute? Grandma Howell is watching Noah and Cortney. She loves the opportunity to spend time with her grand baby and its fun to watch Cortney as well. Its a win for everybody. We get to go learn while she has fun with babies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)