Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving Birthday Weekend of Awesome Fun

This year my birthday fell on Thanksgiving. I am now the ripe old age of 25! Geez its such a big number.

My birthday was pretty lovely. Noah and Sean and I all slept in til about 8am. Then I got awoken with kisses from my boys, we had cheerios for breakfast and then had a family nap from 9:30am to 10:30am. Let me tell ya it was much needed for all of us. We woke up happy and refreshed and ready for the day.

We had originally planned to go with my sister Amanda's in laws but plans were changed that morning. Her grandmother in law was in the hospital due to a burst appendix. (I'm happy to say she is recovery fine now) so they decided to move their thanksgiving festivities to Sunday. My parents and brother are in Wyoming visiting Robyn and Carlos. Sean's family all had other plans but then they changed theirs last minute too. So we went to his mothers house. It was a fun day. We ate lots of food, which I ended up throwing all up anyway but it was yummy food while it lasted. Noah and Sean and I went for a walk towards the end of the day. Noah just loves the outside world with the rocks and other curious things for him to grab and play with. It was a pretty relaxing day.

I went with Elizabeth (mother in law) to Target for their Black Friday sale. She wanted a camera thats normally priced at near $900 but was on sale for $500. We waited in line from 8pm til they opened the doors at 9pm. We were in and out of there by 9:25pm! We were crazy quick. Plus it didn't hurt that Elizabeth cut the check out line haha. No one noticed luckily.

Black Friday was a wonderful day as well. Sean Noah and I basically did the same thing we did the day before. Slept in and then had breakfast and then napped the morning away. At about 11am we all went to Old Navy for Black Friday Sales. I got some really cute items. Noah and Sean just wondered around the store whilst I got my shop on. haha. Later that afternoon I went with some awesome friends to the mall for more shopping. I just love shopping! Sean and Noah went home and had a boys night together. Wendy, Emily, Laurel, and Sarah (all sisters) and I had a blast finding clothes for Wendy's 7 year old daughter and ourselves. We were there for 3 hours. After a long day of shopping I was happy to go home to my cute hubby and cuddle the night away.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Not just because of the delicious food but also for the time spent with family and other loved ones. I'm grateful for the blessings I have in my life.

Blessings:
Lovely family, specifically my sweet husband and funny Noah child
The Gospel of Jesus Christ
My testimony
Amazing friends
A beautiful apartment to live in
Opportunity for my cute hubby to get an education
My awesome job

Thats the short list.

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday again! Im glad you got to go out and do some Black Friday shopping. Its always so fun even if I dont buy much. Just being out in the hustle and bustle and excitement of it all :)

    Lets see..a short list of what Im thankful for,here goes:

    My job that lets me work from home so I dont have to commute
    Facebook because it lets me stay in touch with so many friends
    My car, it's reliable (most of the time) and gets great gas mileage on our road trips
    My health, its pretty good I cant complain
    My family & friends & the Gospel
    The chance I had to go do many fun things this year, I'm blessed to be able to do that!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :)