Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving!!!

It was the most amazing day ever! Sean sadly had to work from 6am-3pm which put a damper on the day just a bit but still it ended up being a wonderful day. While Sean was at work, I went to his mom's house at 8am for breakfast with the family. We had a good time chatting and laughing and eating. It was a good start to the day. I made some headbands with 'The Tiny' Ondalynn. They turned out really pretty.



Jimmy was in a funny mood and was saying random things about the people at the airport. Seth was his usual witty, hilarious self. And it was nice talking with Elizabeth and Onda. They had a family dinner planned at the park at 12pm but it was out in Glendale and it would take an hour to drive out there. Since I had plans with my family at 4pm for dinner and I still had to make two different kinds of mashed potatoes I had to get to my sister's house at 1pm to make them, so I couldn't go. Plus Sean was going to miss it as well. We had about 20 or so people at my sister and brother-in-law's house for thanksgiving dinner. The holidays are always huge and loud for my family. We tend to invite friends that don't have anywhere to go to come celebrate with us. This year we had 4 friends there with us :) I made the mashed potatoes with the help of Amanda and our friend Kirby. The two kinds we made were the traditional kind and the Paula Dean Garlic Mashed Potatoes. Those were my Favorite!! Seriously amazing, they were! I missed Sean the whole day and I literally jumped for joy when he got off work and came to the house. It was Cortney's first Thanksgiving so Amanda and Corey were very excited for her. She loved the food!



She was trying to talk while she ate and it was just so cute. She also kept using her broccolie has a spoon. Andrea ate the most! I'm pretty sure she had 3 plates. She started out with two to begin with.


Mom made us awesome place mats this year. They are turkeys she sewed together. She is so creative!




Amanda always has to do something to make things fun and random so she decied that this year she would write everyones names on their cups and put a nick name with it. haha It was fun trying to come up with names for everyone. I was Deana the Possum. There was Sean the Shiny (cuz of his balding head which I think it so cute), Andrea the Weed, Kirby the Firby. I cant remember the rest but they were fun. It was the frist year that Robyn wasn't here with us for Thankgiving. She and her husband Carlos are living in Wyoming. We missed them lots. After we ate ourselves into a coma we just lounged around and talked the rest of the night. I think this was my favorite Thanksgiving yet.                                                                                                                                 


There are a couple of people mising in the picutre but that almost the whole group. I'm not in it and neither is my dad and my uncle and grandma or cortney baby. It was tough getting a group picture.
                                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)