Saturday, July 7, 2012

4th of July



We had a lovely Independence day with our friends Grady, Rachelle, their 4 boys and another good friend Emily. They pretty much rock at life :) Emily and Rachelle are sisters. I have known them for half my life.
They live in Phoenix so its a far drive from us, but we try to go see them at least 2 times a month (more if we can). While I'm there I give the three of them massages (making the $) and Sean watches Noah. Then we just chill with them the rest of the night. We figure if we are going to drive out there we better make it worth the time and gas and spend as much time as we can with them. It's always a fun time had.



We got to their house in the late morning and pretty much just hung out for a couple hours. We watched a lot of movies that day! Like a lot!! We saw Back to the Future 1, 2 and 3. I only saw parts of 2 and 3 since I was doing 2 massages during them. Then we watched Around the World in 80 days. Grady and Rachelle love to entertain so the prepared a wonderful dinner.

Picture: Club Sandwiches with homemade bread, Teryaki Chicken Cabbage Salad, Cold Veggie Pizza, Corn on the cob


For dessert we had Carmel apple pizza. I feel fat just thinking about all the calories I ate that day.

When it was time for fireworks Noah had already fallen asleep and I still had another massage to do. Sean said he would rather watch a movie so I gave Rachelle a massage and Grady and Emily took the boys to see fireworks. We don't feel like we missed out. Once you've seen fireworks a couple of times it's pretty much the same thing. I am however excited for watching Noah watch them next year when he will actually be interested. If he was awake for them this year he would have been interested for a minute and then be distracted by a million other things. Besides that he was way tired and we didn't want to keep him awake for the show. That was basically our night. Massages, hanging out, movies and laughs. I love when I get to spend a whole day with Sean and Noah. It made it a fun day to get to spend time with them and our friends all day.



**I am grateful we are so blessed to live in this country. I know it has its problems and with the election year out comes the complaining and the back biting. But I still believe it is the greatest country in the world. This is truly the promise land and we are so very blessed to have the opportunities we do here. I'm grateful for our freedoms we enjoy. I hope you all had a great 4th of July**

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)