Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I heart Conference Weekend

I loved this weekend. Every 6 months the LDS church have a conference where general authorities speak to us about what The Lord feels we need to hear about. Its amazing how they are able to touch peoples hearts and spirits from all over the world with their word, Gods words. None of the people talking are given topics. They each pray fervently about what Heavenly Father wants them to talk about and recieve revelation of what their topic should be.

Every one can pray and recieve answers from these conferences. Its as if heaven opens its doors and just pours out the spirit and answers to everyone that is prayerful listening. This year I watched all four sessions at my mother in law's house. Sean had to work all day saturday so he miss it all that day. We are going to watch one or two talks every Sunday so he can catch up on them. Sean was able to watch on Sunday though.

Sean's mom made yummy breakfasts both days. Our spirit and bellies were full! My favorite talks were Elder Utchdorf here  Elder Perry here  Elder Holland here  Elder Bednar here  and President Monson here


I know the Church is true. I know that my Heavenly Father knows and loves me. I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost and for the comfort it brings to me and for the true that is brought to be from it. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and died for me so that I can repent and return to my Father in Heaven. I'm grateful for latter day revelation and I know that God still speaks to us. If you are interested in learning more you can go to lds.org I hope you had a great weekend too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)