Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bradley Class #7

We were elated to be back at the class after missing last week. I love learning all about this and being more educated about whats going to be going on with my body in the next couple weeks. I can't believe we just have 7ish weeks until he is here! I am torn between wishing I had more time and wishing it would go by faster. I love the bond I have with Noah. I feel so close to him. Well yeah thats an obvious statement considering he is inside of me, haha. But I can't wait to meet him and hold him either. The subject in class was on breastfeeding and caring for your newborn. It usually is taught in the last class, lesson 12. But since I am due the week of the last class Rachel switched lesson 7 and 12 to accommodate for us. Sean and I were so tired by the end of the class last night.

Yesterday I got off work early, like really early, at 1pm. He had to take my car to the mechanic to rotate the rotors. Every time I braked the car would shake. So Sean came and picked me up after work and we went home to relax and eat lunch together. It was so lovely being home with him in the middle of the day with nothing to do. Then at 4pm we went to our appointment for the ultra sound. After that we went and picked up the car and went straight to the bradley class. We made a big mistake ... if you didn't notice I said nothing about dinner being eaten. Thats right we both competely forgot about dinner! I don't know how that happened. We were just so busy going from one place to the other, food didn't cross our mind. I think this is where the exhaustion came from. During class it was a little hard to concentrate but we both still got a lot from the it. We had a guest speaker come and talk to us about breastfeeding. She is a nurse and a lactation consultant. Sean is now going to take over and tell you all what we learned.

We learned about breastfeeding last night. The class was very interesting. We learned the proper ways for a baby to be held for a feeding, which seems very straight forward, but really isn't. We also learned many of the benefits of breastfeeding as opposed to formula feeding. Breastfeeding is tons better. A baby can easily absorb the contents of breast milk while at the same time gaining immunity to everything that his mother has immunity to. This is not to say that formula isn't good or doesn't serve a purpose, it does, breast milk is just a little bit better for the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)