Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Case of the Missing Belly Button and Hide & Seek Feet!

So we had another prenatal appointment today after work. Sean and I left very confident in our doctor. He is so great and we can tell he really cares about us and our little Noah. We asked him if he does routine episiotomies’ and he said no. He said unless I want one he prefers not to do them because you tear around veins naturally and when you do the cut it is a straight cut and is likely to hit veins. Also he said that if it is medically needed he will do an episiotomy only if I say its ok. Sean and I were quite happy with that response. I would prefer not to have one but if I am going to tear the wrong way or something then of course I would prefer the cut. Sorry if this is too graphic for anyone reading. I don’t think its graphic but seeing as how I’ve been watching birth videos lately I guess I’m not too sensitive about this all. So anyway on to the rest of the appointment, Dr. Hazzelrigg said that the results for my blood work and the glucose test were perfect. My blood sugar, iron, protein everything was the exact levels they want in an ideal pregnant woman. Go Me! Partial credit goes to Sean for taking such wonderful care of me and making sure I eat well and do everything to make my tummy the perfect place for Noah to grow. He said he put him there for safe keeping so I need to do everything I can to make him comfortable. Haha Sean is just too darn cute!  After the doctor went over the test results and answered our questions he talked about Braxton Hicks. I had one on Monday but since then I haven’t felt any. Most women don’t even know when they have one because they don’t hurt like real contractions. Braxton Hick contractions are sporadic uterine contractions that start about 6 weeks into your pregnancy, although you won't be able to feel them that early. Dr. Hazzelrigg said that they are infrequent, irregular, and essentially painless. Sometimes, though, Braxton Hicks contractions are hard to distinguish from early signs of preterm labor.  So if I have more than 4 in one hour I am to call the office and come in as soon as possible because it could be real contractions and preterm labor. I should be getting another ultra sound pretty soon here. I can’t wait because we want to see Noah’s face. Sean says he really likes our doctor and he is glad he feels so secure with Dr. Hazzelrigg.

In other news: I can no longer see my feet when standing straight and looking down. Also we have now opened the case of the missing belly button! Oh the joys pregnancy brings to a women’s body. Haha. 

My feet have disappeared!!

See how my belly button is flat! Its so weird because I used to have a deep inie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)