Friday, June 14, 2013

Grateful for the Atonement

My Grandpa Roland passed away last night around 11pm. Sean and I are in the hospital still. We leave Saturday morning. The funeral will be next Saturday. I'm glad Sean was able to get the next two weeks off work so he will be able to attend the funeral.

I wasn't surprised when Amanda called Sean and told him. As I said in a post earlier my mom and I had dreams for weeks that it was going to happen the day Rebekah was born. I had a moment earlier in the afternoon yesterday in between visitors that I thought about grandpa and how he was doing. In that moment I had a wave of peace come over me and I knew for certain he was going to pass that day. I will miss him greatly and I'm saddened that my grandma will be separated from him for a time. But I know that they will be reunited again in heaven someday. They have an eternal marriage sealed in heaven because of the covenants they made in the temple. My heart hurts for my mom. She loves her daddy and it was so hard on her to be the one to care for him in these last months. I know she has a testimony of the atonement and she knows she will be with again as well. Even with the sadness that comes with death we can find peace and comfort in knowing those truths. It's strange that something that scared me and worried me before would give me comfort now. When I first had the dream of grandpa passing and Rebekah being born on the same day I was so sad and worried it would actually happen. I didn't want her birth to be on a day with so much sadness. Also I didn't want to be selfish and have people with me when they should be with grandma in her time of need. Now that it happened I am happy it was on the same day. Mom was able to tell him and grandma that Rebekah was born before he passed. Also  as his bishop said before it is a reminder of the gospel and our Saviors sacrifice that we have the atonement and can live again. Rebekah's birth is a comfort in this time. And grandpas death is a reminder that life is precious. He is no longer in pain and he is waiting for all of us to return to our Father in Heaven just as he has and be reunited as a family. I love you so much Grandpa. You are missed so much already. He was such a funny man and always made us all laugh. I loved seeing the way he would care for grandma. I hope they have John Wayne movies and bubble wrap in heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :)